Thursday, March 05, 2009

Faculty like break, too!

Faculty just want to have fun (and work, too!) on spring break!! We promise to avoid the beaches students like to hang-out!

Driving my mother to her place in Ft. Myers (after coordinating judging for the annual MIPA conference on Saturday)...Cheryl Pell


WORKING!! yea... we have a bunch of shows to put out for the Big Ten Network!...Troy Hale


I'm going to Florida to visit my sister. I'll only be gone four days, and two of those are traveling, so, I do not think I'll be spending too much time on the beach!...Darcy Greene

Headed down to New Orleans for a few days for my first visit since before Katrina to one of my favorite cities in the world. Looking forward to warm weather, good food and drink, and a firsthand at what a "heck of a job" really looks like...Michael Stamm

I will be having a BLAST! Will give three little talks and the keynote at the Southern Interscholastic Press Association conference in South Carolina. Will then head over to Depauw University in Indiana to spend the week under the Kilgore Program for visiting professionals...Joe Grimm

I am taking four students to the Michigan Association of Broadcasters conference next Wednesday to receive their honorable mention award for best newscast...Bob Gould

I'm working on completing requirements for my Master Hand Knitting Certificate. People don't realize how cut-throat and competitive things get in the world of advanced needlework. "Devise a way to block stockinette swatches so that the edges don't curl using only water and heat. You may not use another stitch as a selvedge edge." That's a feat that pretty much defies the laws of physics. Also have three novels by relatively new Indian/Sri Lankan authors to read and submit for review to "Rain Taxi," a lit mag out of Minneapolis...Jean Raber

My plans are to catch up on a backlog of papers that need to be graded and attend the Health Care for Journalists conference in Washington D.C. mid-week...Dave Poulson

I'm hanging around town and working. Pretty exciting?Huh!...Howard Bossen

I'm going to be a judge here:
http://www.ifra.com/website/website.nsf/html/CONT_COMP_ASIA?OpenDocument&AMA...Karl Gude

I'll be delivering a keynote address at the annual conference of the Association of Socio-Economic Researchers of Agriculture in Mexico The title of my presentation is "The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America and the Agricultural Relationship between the United States and Mexico." The conference is from March 12-14 in Sinaloa, on the Mexico's Pacific coast, well known for its resorts in Mazatlan and its large agricultural sector...Manuel Chavez

I'm heading to Lakeland to spend time with my kids and the guy who is the incredibly talented voice of the Detroit Tigers and likely fielding hundreds of emails from students...L. A. Dickerson

I hope to get back into the studio and finish recording my (second) CD; its working title is "The Hat Album." There shouldn't be much rewriting to do on the story I just finished for "American Theatre" but I've left some time open, just in case, and it will set a good example for my students...Marty Kohn

Heading to a barrier island in Georgia to join my husband, our two dogs and one cat (who thinks he's a dog), and to eat lots of Georgia shrimp...Jane Briggs-Bunting


Safe travels all. See you back in a week.